Tennis is a great sport for all ages. With summer approaching, it is a great time to take up tennis and hit the court with some friends. For rising athlete, Aaron Umen, tennis is more than just a sport. As a tennis player and coach, the sport is equal parts passion and profession. Before you pick up a ball and racket, here are some simple tips for preventing tennis-related injuries:
- Don’t forget to warm up and cool down. Stretching before a game will help get your muscles ready to go.
- Wear shoes that fit. This sounds obvious, but having good tennis shoes that support your arches is so important for preventing ankle injuries.
- Make sure your tennis racket has the correct grip size.
- Don’t overexert yourself. Take breaks regularly to prevent muscle strain.
- Get regular exercise off the court to work out your muscles and support a good range of motion.
- Wear knee or ankle braces if you begin to experience pain. These can help prevent further injuries.